A super simple, quick and easy recipe for the Chinese ePrix in Sanya.
‘Mango Pudding’ is the order of the day.
It is a very light dessert with a smooth and creamy texture and is sweet and refreshing. The use of coconut milk enhances the natural sweetness of the mango.
The recipe I used was from ‘The Spruce Eats‘ website:
- 2 medium to large ripe mangoes (or a tin, minus the juice)
- 3tsp vegan gelatine (Agar Agar Flakes)
- 125ml hot water
- 75g white sugar
- 250ml good-quality coconut milk
As I don’t have a blender, I didn’t puree the mango first, but added it at a later stage and blitzed everything at the same time.
- Pour the water in a saucepan and heat until it boils
- Remove from the heat
- Stir briskly with a fork or whisk and add 3tsp of vegan gelatine
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved
- Add the mango and coconut milk to the saucepan
- Using a handheld blender, blitz everything together until combined
- Pour into dessert bowls or cups
- Pop into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (these can be made 24 in advance if you need them for a special occasion)
- Serve cold on its own, or add some fruit or desiccated coconut
- This was very simple to make
- It didn’t look a bright orange mango colour because I used coconut sugar (which is brown) instead of caster sugar
- They really are very refreshing
And here’s how I made it:
Next up Rome. My favourite city in the world. Going to have to think up something special for that one.